Happy Friday, everyone! Summer’s just around the corner and we’re starting to see glimmers of it all around.
We. Can’t. Wait.
Read on for five things that are keeping us entertained til then!
1) Have you seen scarves, totes, and home accents by Portland-based Filling Spaces? Designer Deepali Kalia transforms vintage woven sarees into sartorial bliss. We love how she uses a variety of sarees, from brightly colored to muted, and silk to cotton (very Neeru Kumar-inspired!). Another thing we adore? Kalia respects and supports skilled artisans in India, paying them fair prices for their quality craftsmanship – something that we at Luxemi are committed to as well. Her scarves and totes are currently available at Fab.com, or you can visit her website.
2) Refinery29 did an awesome post this week called 13 Wedding Headpieces That Aren’t Tiaras. Sure we loved it because Luxemi was featured in number 7, but we’re also always on the lookout for non-traditional accents that are inspired by tradition. In this case, headpieces are a great way to go!
3) In case the calendar is passing you by, Cinco de Mayo is just around the corner, and we thought it was a great time to re-share an Indian-inspired Margarita recipe we posted a few months ago. Hosting a themed party? Try these, and get creative with some samosas, using arepa or Latin-inspired fillings! Also, we kinda love this promo that Mike’s Hard Lemonade is doing on Cuatro de Mayo: tweet using #mikesmariachi a random thought or your favorite lines, and this band will incorporate it into a live Mariachi song!
4) We adored Bipasha Basu‘s look at the International Indian Film Academy Awards in Singapore this week. We’ve long been fans of contrast blouses with sarees (have you seen our designer blouse collection?), and especially adore this shimmer georgette saree with spectacular blue & silver blouse by Anamika Khanna. Her restraint with accessories – just wearing earrings and a bangle – elevated her look, and let her striking outfit shine. To create your own version of this look, check out Luxemi’s Embellished Saree with Contrast Blouse. The emerald green blouse against the ivory chiffon creates a simple, but elegant, statement. Try it with Luxemi’s Small Kundan Earrings or Crescent Kundan Earrings with Pearl Drops to complete the look.
5) Can we please talk about how Rihanna seems to rock every new look she tries? We’re digging the teasers she’s been tweeting from the filming of the video for her new single, Where Have You Been. All signs point to tribal, which we are totally on board with, and we love the headpiece she is wearing in this pic.