While in our previous post we brought you an outfit guide for the upcoming wedding season with Nishka Lulla, putting together the perfect look doesn’t end there. The most stunning of ensembles can fall short if not paired with the right makeup. So we roped in Sonic Sarwate, Senior Artist, M.A.C Cosmetics India to present a guide on achieving two distinct yet equally stunning looks – just what the season ordered!
“The key to a successful wedding look is to keep it simple and real. Do not match your makeup to your outfit colors; in fact use colors which compliment it. Dark mouths and shades of reds are big this wedding season. The makeup should enhance your beauty and not transform you into a different person,” the man with the magic brush says. We believe him…after all he does know best!
ALL ABOUT THE EYES
This look is the perfect marriage of retro glam with a futuristic flair. Turn to it for the sangeet, mehndi or pheras.
Get the look:
- Prep the skin with M.A.C Fix+ hydrating spray followed by M.A.C Studio Moisture Cream and really work them into the skin.
- Use M.A.C Pro and conceal palette to cover any shadows on the skin and even out the skin tone. Use translucent powder to set it.
- Use M.A.C Sculpt and Shape powder to contour the face. Curl the lashes and groom the brows using minimal products, as the focus of the look is on the eye liner.
- Use M.A.C fluideline in Blacktrack to outline a big winged out line going upward towards the temples.
- Fill in the inner corners and outer edge of the liner with blacktrack followed by M.A.C Chromacake in Pure White to create white and grey streaks in the center of the lid and blending the white with black. This will create a X-ray effect in the liner.
- A touch of M.A.C reflects in Pink and Pearl will mimic the sequin work used along with prints on the garments.
- Use concealer on the lips to create an even tone and strip off any kind of redness on the lips.
- And finish the look using M.A.C Viva Glam lipstick in GAGA2 with fingertips on the lips.
BOLD AND BEAUTIFUL
When we spotted Bollywood actress Huma Qureshi sporting this look on the IIFA Rocks red carpet, we just knew we would be trying it this wedding season. Simple but impactful enough to grab eyeballs, it can work well for just about any wedding function.
Get the look:
- To achieve beautifully luminous skin, start with moisturizing the skin followed by M.A.C Prep+Prime Natural Radiance.
- Use M.A.C Select Moisture Cover concealer to cover any discoloration. Add M.A.C foundation in Mineralize Moisture Fluid for a radiant and flawless skin.
- Add translucent powder on the center of the face to take away any excessive shine. Contour the face with M.A.C Mineralize Skinfinish in Dark.
- Groom the brows using M.A.C Velux Brow Pencil. Use M.A.C eye shadow in Wood Winked on the 3/4th of the eye lid.
- On the outer corner, that is the remaining 1/4th of the eye lid use M.A.C eyeshadow in Embark blending with Wood Winked.
- Use M.A.C Eye Pro longwear eye liner in Black Ice to line the top and bottom lash line. Smudge the black with M.A.C eye shadow in Embark using M.A.C Brush no 219.
- Wing out the liner to achieve the most desirable almond shape.
- Curl the lashes and use several coats of M.A.C False lash mascara.
- To finish the look and get that perfect pout, start with using M.A.C Prep+Prime lip for smooth application and long-lasting color stay.
- Line the lips with M.A.C lip liner in Currant and fill it with M.A.C Lipstick in Diva.
So go ahead, try these looks – we’d love to see how they look on you!
Praachi Raniwala for Luxemi