Want to update your look with some stop-and-stare intrigue? Layering necklaces—the “it” accessory trend of the year—is the fail safe way to go and it’s what style set and fashion frat is swearing by too! That’s pretty much all the convincing we need to jump on this utterly chic bandwagon.
Throwing on a range of necklaces in varying lengths and textures adds diversity and movement to a look. It also gives us fashionistas a free playground to mix and match like a boss. What’s more, you can flaunt a bunch of your eye-catching buys in one go. And while there aren’t any pre-prescribed rules to layer, a few ace pointers will ensure that you’ll never go wrong with this accessorizing style!
- Start small. Start with the smallest necklace and then add bolder pieces to the mix. Starting with a choker or dainty pendant works well.
- The next piece works wonders if it’s in a different style, say a bar necklace added to a choker, for instance. Finish with a flourish—the longest chain necklace would be our pick. And voilà, you’re good to go!
- Make sure the outfit you pick is relatively fuss-free. Clashing metals over embellished blouses will just make the look too distracting—you need your layered wonders to be the highlight of the look, after all. Pastels and clean cuts with minimum print usually work best with this kind of accessorising.
- Multiple chains instantly elevate a salwar or kurta. So skip the dupatta—let your baubles take center stage. An overcrowded look is just going to play spoilsport.
- Don’t constantly fidget with your army of chains in a bid to set them. Let them fall where they may. Micro managing these strands will only complicate things—let physics take its natural course and focus on wearing your beauties with the confidence they deserve.
- Diversity is the king, Adorn chains in a plethora of varying lengths and styles. Aim for contrasting aesthetics. For instance, we can’t think of anything more head turning combination than a gold temple jewelry choker with a soft pearl strand for a well curated effect.
So what’s your take on the trend? Tell us in the comment box below!